"The LV project group were empathetic, enthusiastic and passionate. They were so dedicated, they really got the ASRC. The level and the quality of the work was great,"
Jana Favero - Asylum Seekers Resource Centre (ASRC).
Leadership Victoria’s vision is embedded with a commitment to social impact – we interpret this as action taken by organisations and individuals which contributes to positive, meaningful and sustainable change for the benefit of society.
LV's definition of social impact is broad and considers the impact of individual leaders alongside the wider impact of organisations in the public, private and community sectors as well as the interplay between social, economic and environmental issues.
As an organisation which promotes exceptional leadership in every individual, organisation and community, we use the term ‘leadership impact’ to identify and highlight the critical contribution leadership makes to a better world.
Leadership Victoria has been delivering transformational projects for 25 years, linking the experience of Leadership Victoria alumni, graduates and volunteers with the needs of not-for-profit and community organisations.
We deliver four categories of Leadership Impact activities, each of which offer an opportunity for our alumni and other skilled volunteers to apply and further develop their leadership skills:
- Responses to complex social, economic and environmental issues, in the form of multi-organisation, networked activities emphasizing collective action and high impact
- Mentoring of existing and emerging leaders, as part of a leadership development program and stand-alone
- Activities focused on building capability and capacity of not-for-profit organisations and the community sector, in the form of Board placements and strategic projects, via GreatConnections
- Community Leadership Action Networks, a challenging collaborative component of our leadership development program with a real-world focus
How you can be involved
Join us as a volunteer
As an LV volunteer, you have a diverse range of opportunities to use your skills, including:
- Mentoring a current or emerging leader participating in a Leadership Victoria program
- Contributing to the work of not-for-profit and community organisations with projects ranging from one or two days to mentoring and board placements spanning days, months or even years
- Joining or mentoring a board or committee of management of a nor-for-profit organisation
- Collaborate with volunteers or program participants to develop solutions to complex social problems
To find out more and to register, please go to our Volunteer page.
Join us as a member of GreatConnections
GreatConnections can source skilled volunteers to support your organisation and offers fee-based membership to not-for-profit and community organisations.
To find out more and to register, please go to our Not-for-Profit Organisations page.
Collaborate with us to solve a complex social problem
Leadership Victoria is where private, community and government sectors intersect – a unique platform on which leaders can mobilise to influence complex and adaptive social problems.
We encourage new ways of thinking about social problems, and increasingly see that problems like homelessness and youth unemployment are beyond the reach of any single organisation.
Over the last few years, Leadership Victoria has observed a growing level of interest and expertise in collaborative approaches to address complex and adaptive social problems in a disciplined way.
Collaborative projects form a key component in many of our leadership programs, founded on co-design principles, emphasising adaptive leadership and collective action, and encouraging leadership without formal authority.
To find out more about how we can collaborate with you to solve a complex problem, contact email@example.com.
Support the LV Foundation
Investing in the LV Foundation enables you to play an important role in supporting and strengthening our impact.
Scholarships through the foundation enable aspiring leaders to participate in Leadership Victoria’s acclaimed leadership development programs such as the Williamson Community Leadership Program.
Funding for activities include GreatConnections enable us to build the capability of our partner organisations to achieve their own vision and mission.
You can nominate to direct your tax deductible donation to our Leadership Impact activities, or to scholarships for leadership programs.
For more information and to download a donation form click here.