4th International Biennial Parks Leadership Conference: Common Ground
31 January 2010
Luna Park, Sydney, Australia 24 – 26 August 2010
Urban parks, urban growth, and the sustainable health of communities.
Parks leaders and managers are invited to come together in Sydney to discuss how we can work together to find common ground, across constituencies of interest, to sustain parks and green space into the future.
Parks have a critical role to play protecting and maintaining our natural and cultural heritage and building social connections for human well-being. New partnerships are needed to respond to rapid social change. More than ever, we need to find common ground, with each other and with other sectors to manage our parks for the future.
Some highlights include:
- Hon. Bob Carr: former NSW Premier
- Shaun Dawson: CEO, Lee Valley Parklands Authority , UK
- Prof Jean Palutikof: Director, National Climate Change Adaptation Research Facility at Griffith University
- Barbara Tulipane: CEO National Recreation and Park Association USA
- Greg Moore: Executive Director, Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy, California
- Ian Macfarlane: strategic marketer responsible for 100% Pure New Zealand, Very Gold Coast Very GC and So where the bloody hell are you?
- A range of full day field trips on 25th August.
To register, visit www.parksforum2010.org and complete the registration form.
For further conference information:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call the Conference Organiser, ICMS on +61 2 9290 3366.