African Leadership Development Program
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
The African Leadership Development Program provides an outstanding opportunity for aspiring African Australian leaders to develop their leadership and networking skills so you can confidently contribute to your local community.
Developed by The African Think Tank in 2010, the African Leadership Development program provides a unique focus on leadership development, discussions with guest speakers, interactive activities and networking opportunities that provide a rich development experience, with long-lasting benefits and outcomes for participants and the community.
This highly interactive and engaging program provides:
- Inspiring guest speakers and community leaders who will share their insights and experiences
- An opportunity to create valuable networks
- One-on-one mentoring
- An opportunity to work on group community projects
Who can apply?
- Applicants from all African backgrounds who have shown their commitment to community development
- Young emerging leaders and women are encouraged to apply
The program is delivered in English
- The principles of leadership
- Dealing with conflict
- Influencing decision makers in media and communications
- Communicating with authenticity and for impact
- Building and maintaining effective networks
- Negotiation skills
- Community leadership, community organisations, capacity building and volunteers
The Mentor Program
Leadership Victoria will match each participant with a Mentor. Your mentor will assist your learning and provide guidance through your leadership journey. You will be expected to arrange monthly meetings with your mentor between program sessions.
The program will be held on Saturdays from July to November, from 9.30am-2.30pm. There are ten (10) seminars in total.
Aug 5, 12 and 19
Sept 2, 9 and 23
Oct 21, 28
Graduation ceremony November 25
This is a FREE program, funded by the Victorian Government’s Office of Multicultural Affairs and Social Cohesion.
African Leadership Development Program was launched in 2010 by African Think Tank Inc. For more information contact the African Think Tank at email@example.com