Through the LV Foundation, Leadership Victoria offers a limited number of scholarships for not for profit (NFP) staff and directors to undertake programs to develop their ability to lead and manage within their organisations and within the broader community.
The number and type of scholarships available, and the co-contribution required from participants or their organisation varies for each program and is listed in the relevant program information. Download information about closing dates and whether co-contributions apply.
Scholarships are not transferable between individuals or organisations for any reason.
To be eligible for a scholarship, applicants must demonstrate that:
- Their application is supported by their NFP organisation*
- They would not be able to attend the program without the support of a scholarship
- There will be a direct benefit to or outcome from their participation in the program for their NFP organisation and their organisation's social, economic and/or environment purpose
*Eligible organisations are those which:
- have a charitable, community-public benefit or poverty relief purpose, as indicated by Australian Tax Office TCC and/or DGR status, or “registered charity” status
- are a social enterprise or business (organisations using a business model to provide a social benefit) and which may not have TCC/DGR
- other organisations with a community or public benefit purpose (generally evidenced by a “formal” governance structure, voluntary participation by members and independence from government) that do not fit the above categories
Program fees and scholarships:
Some scholarships require part-payment of program fees or a co-contribution by the scholarship holder. Download information about closing dates and whether co-contributions apply.
Click here to go to the on-line application form.
Applications for scholarships must be submitted using the Scholarship Application Form by the closing date listed for each program. A letter of support from the NFP organisation is also required.
A panel will review scholarship applications for each program following the closing date. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application.
Requirements for successful scholarship applicants:
Successful applicants will receive full information about how to take up their scholarship when it is awarded.
Successful applicants will be asked to commit to full attendance and participation in the program. Applicants should carefully consider the time commitment before applying – successful applicants who find they are unable to meet the requirements must resign the scholarship, but in doing so may have prevented someone else from benefiting from the scholarship place.
To acknowledge the capacity building in the not-for-profit sector of Leadership Victoria and our partners, you may be asked to sign a media release form giving LV permission to use your photo and refer to your application in media releases and on our website.
If you have any questions regarding scholarships please contact us:
P: 03 9651 6590