Benefits for Mentors
Mentoring is a personal development strategy that encourages the sharing of known resources, expertise, values, skills, perspectives and experiences.
Research shows mentoring can have a positive influence on mentees, mentors and organisations in areas of professional development, productivity, promotion and retention. The main benefits for a Mentor are:
- Satisfaction in enhancing skills in helping someone else to grow
- Gain fresh perspectives through interaction
- Further develops leadership skills including providing feedback, communication and interpersonal skills
- Investing in the future of the Sector
- Expand professional development network
- Staying in touch with emerging issues
- Opportunity to reflect on own practices
- Cement role as subject matter experts and leaders
Click here to register to be an LV Mentor.
Click here to see the criteria for being an LV Mentor
Read Jenny Trethewey's profile The Benefits of Being a Mentor