Mentors will support and encourage their mentee to maximise their potential, develop their skills, improve their performance and become the person they want to be.
Role of a Mentor:
• Be challenging: identify assumptions, offer alternatives
• Be inspiring, provide vision, encourage and motivate
• Be a good listener - be open minded, non-judgemental and foster reflection
• Be supportive and patient
• Sharing (both personally and professionally)
• Promote understanding of leadership options and outcomes
• Recognise potential and encourage mentee to fulfil it
• Provide guidance through practical help and role modelling
• Provide information, particularly knowledge based on personal experience (both good and bad)
• Give positive feedback and reinforcement, and constructive criticism when appropriate.
Click here to find out the benefits of being a mentor
Click here to become an LV Mentor